VISA FOR SPOUSE OF A JAPANESE NATIONAL (TEMPORARY VISIT)
- PHILIPPINE PASSPORT
- VISA APPLICATION FORM
- PHOTO (4.5cm x 4.5cm with white background.)
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES TO PROVE REALATIONSHIP
- MARRIAGE CONTRACT (If Married Applicant) #4 & 5 must be NSO issued and valid within (1) year.
- WRITTEN EXPLANATION LETTER OF REASON TO GO TO JAPAN ( must have a handwritten signature)
- FAMILY REGISTRATION ( Koseki Tohon)
* Only issued within three (3) months can be accepted.
- SPOUSE’S PASSPORT COPY (except blank pages ).
PLEASE NOTE : It is applicant's responsibility to ensure that he/she meet the requirements for the grant of a visa. Submission of any supporting documents not listed above is encouraged (e.g. applicant's economic or social ties with the Philippines, urgent reasons for visit : medical certificate, wedding invitation.)
Submission of requirements does not guarantee issuance of visa.
Validity of Documents is three (3) months from the date of issue
(unless otherwise stated ).
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS :
- If Birth Certificate from NSO is unreadable.
- If there is no record in NSO, (in addition to "Certificate of Non-Record" from NSO Headquarter)
- SUBMIT : Birth certificate from Local Civil Registrar
- If Birth Certificate (NSO) is "Late Registration"
- Baptismal Certificate
- School Record (From 137)
- School Yearbook (If applicable)
- Please indicate complete address and landline number (if applicable)
of the church in the baptismal certificate, and of the school in school record.
FILING APPLICATION :
- Application should be filed through accredited agencies (Please see our website for the list of Agents or get one from FAX service by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo, or get one from visa gate of the Embassy.)
- The applicant may be required to appear in person for interview etc.
- Additional documents may be requested where necessary. Applicants are given three (3) months to submit additional requirements. Otherwise application will be terminated.
- Documents submitted for application will not be returned.
- Applicants can get information from accredited agencies when his/her application is pending.
- When visa is granted, VISA FEE is gratis for this category.(Philippine Passport Holder)
- When visa is not granted, the reasons of denial will not be disclosed. Applicants may apply again after six (6) months with the same purpose, unless there are emergency / humanitarian reasons or application for different purpose.
Note: Requirements and procedures provided in this site are updated as of posting time, but subject to change from the authorities concerned. For the latest advisory, please contact the Embassy of Japan.